Medical Scientist Haematology
- Hospital Rd, Beaumont, Dublin, Ireland
- Full time
- Fluent English
Post Title: Medical Scientist
Post Status: Specified Purpose
Location: Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9
Reports to: Chief Medical Scientist
Salary: Appointment will be made on the Medical Scientist salary scale (€32,692 - €54,282 – LSI €55,331) at a point in line with Government pay policy.
Hours of work: Full-Time i.e. 37 hrs p/w
Closing Date: 12 Noon on 23.07.2019
Basic Grade Medical Scientist
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To contribute to the provision of a high quality patient focused service.
2. To perform such technical duties as directed by the Chief Medical Scientist or his deputy.
3. To assist in training Medical Laboratory Assistants, support staff and visiting workers as required.
4. To contribute to maintaining department accreditation with INAB through compliance with ISO15189 standards
5. To assist in the training of new and existing staff.
6. To assist in implementing measures for Safety, Health and Welfare to all staff.
7. To assist in providing statistical and management information when requested.
8. To attend courses and meetings as appropriate to maintain up-to-date knowledge.
9. To fulfil CPD requirements.
10. Any other duties as appropriate to the grade and qualifications.
11. To actively participate in external and internal quality assurances schemes.
12. To participate in the Directorate Joint Review Process
Selection criteria outline the qualifications, skills, knowledge and/or experience that the successful candidate would need to demonstrate for successful discharge of the responsibilities of the post.
Applications will be assessed on the basis of how well candidates satisfy these criteria.
Candidates for appointment must possess:
(i) Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Science from the Galway/Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT).
(ii) Bachelor of Science (Honours) Biomedical Science, Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT).
(iii) Bachelor in Science Honours degree in Biomedical Science from the Joint University College Cork – Cork Institute of Technology course AND Diploma in Clinical Laboratory Practice.
(iv) Certificate in Medical Laboratory Science, Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT), Cork Institute of Technology (CIT) or
Galway/Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT)
Bachelor in Science (Applied Science) Honours degree (Biomedical option) from the University of Dublin/Dublin Institute of Technology (Awarded prior to 2002).
(v) Bachelor of Biomedical Science, Cork Institute of Technology (CIT) AND BSc (Honours) Biomedical Sciences, University College Cork (UCC). (Awarded prior to 2013).
(vi) Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences of the Dublin Institute of Technology, (DIT) or the Cork Institute of Technology (CIT)(Awarded prior to 1994).
(vii) Certificate in Medical Laboratory Science awarded before 1997 by Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT), Cork Institute of Technology (CIT) or Galway/Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT).
(viii) An equivalent qualification validated by the Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine (ACSLM).
The Hospital www.beaumont.ie
Management Unit: www.beaumont.ie/hr
Other (Please specify):
Informal Enquiries ONLY to:
Name: Ms. Geraldine Healy
Title: Chief Medical Scientist
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01 809 2662