Applegreen is in a rapid growth phase and is seeking to recruit a Telesales Executive who can thrive in a scaling organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to excel in building customer relations by sourcing and selling to potential fuel card customers in a dynamic sales environment. The successful candidate will be a confident people person who can fit into Applegreen seamlessly and adopt a hands-on approach to their role.
This role forms part of the Applegreen Commercial Fuels team and will report directly to the Telesales Manager.
- You will be required to generate business to business leads in target market and close sales.
- Adopt a hands-on approach to deliver sales via outbound cold calling.
- Management of inbound sales via web and over the phone.
- Ensure as a team that you meet and exceed assigned sales targets.
- Manage relationships with any potential external customers and the account management of existing customers.
- Ensure commercial acumen and excellent time management skills with ability to prioritise.
- You will commit to working in a safe manner at all times, strictly sticking to policies set out by the Company.
- You will ensure that dealers uphold their contractual obligation in relation to health and safety standards.
- Undertaking any additional projects assigned by your manager.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with the many internal inter-departmental customers.
Essential candidate requirements:
- The ability to be highly organised.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Good IT skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Good English and communication skills.
- Previous experience in sales an advantage.
Experience & Skills
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent people skills and be customer focused with a strong understanding of the needs of the customer.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a superb telephone manner with the ability to build strong customer rapport.
- Have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and the drive the exceed expectations.
- Be a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit who can work on own initiative.
- Be a solution-orientated and positive individual who can work through constraints and obstacles to an optimal solution.
- Possess well-honed influencing and collaboration skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with all stakeholders across the different parts of the business.
- Is resilient and calm under pressure or when juggling multiple priorities.
- Has strong logic and decision-making skills.
- Outstanding organisational skills with accuracy & attention to detail
Illustrative Application & Screening Process (Subject to Change):
- Internal application process: To apply please send your up to date CV and cover letter to Jennifer Mc Kevitt- Jennifer.McKevitt@applegreen.ie. Closing date is COB Friday 21st June.
- First round interview: Interview with Jennifer Mc Kevitt, Telesales Manager.
Established in 1992, Applegreen is a convenience food and beverage retailer and operator of petrol forecourts and motorway service areas with a major presence in the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the USA. The Group is focused on acquiring and developing new Service Area and Petrol Filling Station sites in each of the three markets in which it operates. As at 31 December 2018, the business operated 472 forecourt sites and employed c10,700 people.
The Group offers a distinctive convenience retail offering with three key elements:
- A “low fuel prices, always” price promise to drive footfall to the stores;
- A “Better Value Always” tailored retail offer; and
- A strong food and beverage focus aiming to offer premium products and service to the customer.
In addition to its own proprietary Bakewell brand, the Group enjoys established partnerships with a portfolio of high-quality international brands. Following the Welcome Break acquisition, new brand partners include Starbucks, Waitrose, WH Smith, KFC, Pizza Express, Harry Ramsden and the Ramada and Days Inn hotel brands. These are in addition to existing brands including Burger King, Subway, Costa Coffee, Greggs, Lavazza, Chopstix, Freshii and 7-Eleven, some of which also have an existing presence on the Welcome Break network.
Applegreen is the number one Motorway Service Area operator in the Republic of Ireland and the number two Motorway Service Area operator in the United Kingdom. Applegreen prides itself on its Charitable Fund. Which was set up in 2009. Every time a customer makes a shop and & fuel or a shop-only purchase, the company donates 1c to the Applegreen Charitable Fund. For 2018/19 by proudly supporting Focus Ireland, Irish Youth Foundation, DEBRA Ireland and Friends of the Cancer Centre.
Further information is available at https://www.applegreenstores.com/