- Account Management
- Bank Reconciliation
- Cash Handling
- Hiring Staff
- Food and Beverage
- hccap certificate
- Food Industry
- Restaurant Management
- Time Management and Organisational skills
- Dublin, Ireland
- Full time
- Not Disclosed
- Fluent English
- 4 to 6 Years Experience
JOB TITLE: Operations Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: - Managing Director, Deputy General Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR/OVERVIEW OF JOB ROLE: - The effective operation at both a tactical and strategic level, managing and continuously developing all aspects of the golf, food & beverage and leisure business. This involves providing a clear vision for the Club’s strategic direction, whilst taking personal responsibility for identifying opportunities; customer service standards of excellence are consistently delivered, product/services enhancement and revenues/profitability are maximised.
Areas of responsibility include the golf shop, golf academy, golf clubhouse facility, outside golf services, golf administration, golf operations team management, the members’ club, societies and the management of the golfing actives for members and guests throughout as well as oversight of food and beverage operations and leisure.
A. OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- To uphold the principles of the Manifesto and ensure that all aspects of its ethos and culture are actively being supported in the workplace.
- To support and develop the vision of where the golf business is going and the route it will need to follow in order to get there. Liaising closely with other senior managers within the organisation to ensure that the business development strategy for golf operations fits with the overall venue strategy and supports/is supported by those of other business areas.
- To prepare and regularly review the business plan for golf operations.
- To source and convert new Golf sales opportunities, increased membership, tournaments and other related events.
- To keep abreast of changes in the environment in which the organisation operates and use this knowledge to identify new business development opportunities for all areas of golf and food/beverage and leisure operations.
- To produce supporting operational plans for different business areas that will contribute to achieving the objectives set out in the strategic plan.
- To influence and positively manage the development of organisational culture.
- To support the F&B leadership team in implementing the F&B strategy and input into it’s delivery.
- To have oversight of leisure operations, providing support as required
- Hands on role being ‘the face of the Club’ – leading customer service and standards delivery across all outlets within the Golf Club.
- To manage projects and monitor and evaluate their success.
- To produce regular reports on financial performance, stock control, utilisation of facilities, sales and marketing activity, and human resources.
- To continuously review, develop and implement standard operating procedures for each area of the golf business to ensure maximum customer satisfaction whilst maximising revenue and profitability.
- To oversee the care and maintenance of all the physical assets, inventory and resources of the golf club facility and course liaising with Golf Superintendent.
- To develop and implement Health and Safety procedures that comply with up-to-date legislation, are clearly communicated, effectively monitored and regularly reviewed.
- To ensure legal compliance across the Club House in relation to Health & Safety, Food Safety/HACCP, Licencing legislation etc.
- To be ultimately responsible for the performance of the golf Pro shop operations, golf services and revenue achievement.
- To enhance the guest golf experience from start to finish, liaising with key personnel.
- To liaise with the Food and Beverage/Restaurant Manager for food and beverage needs of all golf functions and restaurant/bar service.
- To ensure the smooth transition and upgrade of membership/golf booking systems is effectively implemented and maintained.
- To source sponsorship, funding, grants available.
- To exploit other sources of PR promotional and marketing opportunities which enhance the promotional development of the Golf Club.
People & Talent Development
- To ensure all Human Resource issues are managed professionally, consistently and fairly, ensuring compliance with up-to-date legislation.
- To liaise with HR and Departmental Leaders in relation to recruitment needs, employee relations
- To communicate regularly and effectively with individuals, managers and teams within the organisation
- To provide effective leadership for Club House operations teams, giving direction to individual’s and motivating and supporting them to achieve the organisation’s vision and objectives
- To produce staffing and succession plans for all aspects of Club House operations, identifying workforce requirements needed to achieve the organisation’s current and future objectives, liaising with each departmental leader.
- To recruit, induct, monitor, mentor and develop members of the Club House operations teams and complete regular coffee chats and PDPs.
- To actively support learning and development and ensure that all members within the Club House have appropriate opportunities to develop skills, knowledge and experience to enhance their performance through on the job training, development training and coaching.
- To stimulate innovation, encouraging staff to think outside of the box and put forward new ideas
- To ensure that all teams in the Club House consistently deliver excellent operational standards and customer service, thereby achieving maximum customer satisfaction.
- To communicate effectively with external organisations, individuals and agencies.
- To establish, monitor and analyse operating budgets and take prompt corrective action to address variances, ensuring each operating area is maximising efficiency and profitability.
- To support the Sales and Marketing team in achieving revenue and contribution targets and identified KPIs for each aspect of golf operations.
- To ensure timesheets are effectively managed by relevant departmental heads, manage absenteeism and control wage costs across all departments.
- To actively monitor revenues and determine departmental targets for Figtree, Leisure & Golf membership.
B. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- To arrive for work on time and dressed to correct standard of uniform, grooming and personal hygiene.
- To adhere to the Company’s Terms and Conditions and house rules as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- To attend training sessions and meetings as required.
- To be familiar with and adhere to the operational standards of the department.
- To provide the Guests and Members at all times with the highest level of guest care and personal attention. Where possible to anticipate guest needs and initiate actions before being asked – creating the ‘WOW’ factor for our guests.
- The Company promotes a high level of team awareness: - be aware of being courteous to your colleagues and lending helping hand if needed.
- To be aware of and comply with your responsibilities as defined in the Health & Safety Statement.
- To be aware of safety in the workplace, ensuring that your actions do not cause accident or injury to anyone.
- To report to your supervisor, without reasonable delay, any hazards which you are aware of or, made aware of. To ensure that these are followed up and actioned upon without undue delay.
- To be familiar with and respond to your departmental evacuation procedures and know where the Fire Assembly Point is.
- To know how to use the Fire Board, Break Glass Points (for raising the alarm) and Fire Equipment.
- To comply with all legislation which may affect your work procedures and how you carry out your responsibilities in your current role.
- To be familiar with and comply with Company Policies and Regulations including:
A. Employee Handbook
B. Company Policies e.g. Grievance, Disciplinary, Respect & Dignity at Work, GDPR etc.
C. Fire, Health and Safety, General Security
D. Personal Hygiene
E. Guest Focus
F. Good and Fair Employee Practices
G. Financial Security, Procedures and Practice
14. To have a high level of product knowledge ensuring you are familiar with facilities, prices, opening times of the whole resort – all employees are ambassadors for the property.
C. OCCASIONAL DUTIES.
- To work in other locations or departments on a temporary basis as designated when required to do so.
- To be available to work nights, evenings, weekends on occasion when required in order to ensure standards/requirements are met.
- To carry out any other reasonable task requested of you by a member of the leadership team.