Location: Applegreen Head Office, 17 Joyce Way, Park West Business Park, Dublin 12
Applegreen is in a rapid growth phase and is seeking to recruit a Site Auditor who can thrive in a scaling organisation and has the ability to assist in the successful delivery of the internal audit programme across the group.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to excel in a high performing team operating in a fast paced PLC environment. The successful candidate will be a confident people person who can fit into Applegreen seamlessly and adopt a hands-on approach to their role.
This role forms part of the Applegreen Group Internal Audit team and will report directly to the Group Internal Audit Manager.
- Performance of high-quality site audits across the group, including the preparation of written reports with clear recommendations, delivering robust and value adding feedback to senior management.
- Performance of accuracy check of inventory / stock quantity records and cash records for material control and accounting purposes.
- Advising management on cash/stock/accounting problems and recommend improvements to the system.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the company’s operations in order to identify and monitor the risks facing the group.
- Performance of detailed specified procedures on a site take over/ handover / closure and other ad hoc projects.
- Maintenance of Audit work papers evidencing the site audits performed and the drafting of site reports in prescribed format.
- Involvement in the drafting of quarterly/ monthly reports summarising activity compared to Annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Computer proficiency in applications such as MS Excel, Word and SMS/ Origins or other POS and Accounting software.
- Act as a trusted business advisor to other members of the business
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
The successful candidate will:
- Significant Retail Experience (3-5 years) or experience as an Internal Auditor in a similar environment.
- Knowledgeable about the industry and Applegreen’s business.
- Understands the risks at a site / process level.
- Currently demonstrates a disciplined approach to processes and controls.
- Critical and independent thinker – able to challenge the status quo.
- Proactive and innovative in nature –able to articulate the benefits of recommended practical solutions.
- Self starter – able to work independently.
- Capable of building relationships and understands the need to gain the respect of those they interact with at site level.
- A full clean driver licence is required.
- Be willing to travel regionally and internationally as the role requires.
Closing date May 31st 2019.
Established in 1992, Applegreen is a convenience food and beverage retailer and operator of petrol forecourts and motorway service areas with a major presence in the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the USA. The Group is focused on acquiring and developing new Service Area and Petrol Filling Station sites in each of the three markets in which it operates. As at 31 December 2018, the business operated 472 forecourt sites and employed c10,700 people.
The Group offers a distinctive convenience retail offering with three key elements:
- A “low fuel prices, always” price promise to drive footfall to the stores;
- A “Better Value Always” tailored retail offer; and
- A strong food and beverage focus aiming to offer premium products and service to the customer.
In addition to its own proprietary Bakewell brand, the Group enjoys established partnerships with a portfolio of high-quality international brands. Following the Welcome Break acquisition, new brand partners include Starbucks, Waitrose, WH Smith, KFC, Pizza Express, Harry Ramsden and the Ramada and Days Inn hotel brands. These are in addition to existing brands including Burger King, Subway, Costa Coffee, Greggs, Lavazza, Chopstix, Freshii and 7-Eleven, some of which also have an existing presence on the Welcome Break network.
Applegreen is the number one Motorway Service Area operator in the Republic of Ireland and the number two Motorway Service Area operator in the United Kingdom. Applegreen prides itself on its Charitable Fund. Which was set up in 2009. Every time a customer makes a shop and & fuel or a shop-only purchase, the company donates 1c to the Applegreen Charitable Fund. For 2018/19 by proudly supporting Focus Ireland, Irish Youth Foundation, DEBRA Ireland and Friends of the Cancer Centre.
Further information is available at https://www.applegreenstores.com/