DescriptionLocation: Piercetown Dunboyne Co.Meath
Reporting to: Catering Manager
Hours per week: 39
To assist the Head Chef/Senior Chef in all aspects of the catering operation as directed within storage, preparation and cooking of all food items, whilst adhering to all Health and Food Safety regulation as laid out in the Health & Safety HACCP and Food Safety Manual, also demonstrate high levels of service that consistently exceeds the expectations of our guests.
- To ensure all company and statutory regulations pertaining to health & safety, hygiene & fire are adhered to at all times
- To ensure a standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene as to comply with company and statutory regulations
- To wear the correct standard of uniform at all times
- To maintain a happy and helpful manner and attitude throughout your working hours
- To assist in the preparation of food according to recipes, menus and cooking standards.
- To assist in the set up and organisation of the assigned workstation
- To contribute to the production of food items and menu planning
- To ensure all dishes are prepared in an efficient and timely fashion and to the appropriate standard, Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
- To operate in a safe and responsible manner with recognised techniques and working to HACCP procedures and company policie
- To ensure all kitchen areas are left clean and tidy at all times
- To ensure that all stores and other areas of potential loss are secured at all times.
- To carry out any reasonable senior management request.
- To assist at any special duties or functions which may fall outside of normal working hours
- To report any customer complaints or compliments and take remedial action wherever possible
- To attend meetings, courses and training sessions as may be necessary from time to time
- To relieve and assist in other areas within the unit or other establishments.
- Excellent communication skills
- Natural flair and passion for food
- High standards and attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- 3 years operational experience at least two of which were at management or head chef level in food service/restaurant operation.
- Flexible & adaptable
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Dependable team player
- Understanding of all relevant health and safety legislation
- You will be enthusiastic and self-motivating and have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a customer focused environment.
- Drive and adaptability to ensure that challenging targets are met
Other features of the job
It may be necessary to work alternative hours, shift patterns or unsociable hours, including weekends and sometimes more than contracted hours. As part of your job, you will be expected to attend training events and/or meetings and travel to other locations may be required. Local requirements will govern your patterns and locations of work.