Clinical Nurse Specialist ( Care of Older Persons )
- Clonsilla, Dublin, Ireland
- Full time
- €49,056 - €57,995
- 4 to 6 Years Experience
Clinical Nurse Specialist – Care of Older Person
1 WTE Permanent Post (39 hpw)
Salary €49,056 - €57,995 - Subject to Relevant Public Sector Experience
Please quote – Req No. CNS / 19049 - on your application form
Daughters of Charity Disability Support Services, provides community and campus based services to people with an intellectual disability. We are looking for candidates who are committed to supporting people with disabilities and their families, in a person centred, community based, socially inclusive manner in accordance with our core values and national standards, and underpinned by quality, best practice and research.
Successful candidates will be an integral part of the specialist multidisciplinary team and will provide specialist nursing input to co-ordinate the care of a defined case load of service users with complex and diverse needs using evidence-based specialist nursing skills and person centred principles.
- Registration with the Intellectual Disability Division of the Register of Nurses
- Have a minimum of five years’ post registration experience, of which two must be in the specialist area.
- Have successfully completed post registration programme of study, as certified by the education provider, which verifies that the applicant has achieved a Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) major academic Level 8 or higher relevant to the specialist area.
- Have the ability to practice safety and effectively fulfilling his/her professional responsibilities within his/her scope of practice.
- Maintained annual registration with the NMBI.
- Demonstrate evidence of continuous professional development.
- Competent and possess an in depth knowledge and experience of the Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, teamwork and effective caseload management skills.
- Full driving license with access to own transport
- Applicants should possess Level 2 behavioural competencies of DOCDSS competency framework as set out in the job descriptions.
Applicants who were trained outside of Ireland need to submit a statement of equivalence from the Dept. of Health and Children with their application.
*Informal enquiries can be made to: Karina O’Sullivan, Nurse Practice Development Coordinator,
By email; email@example.com or by Phone: (087) 3365610
Please apply online through our website www.docservice.ie
**We are unable to shortlist Applications, unless the following is submitted by all Candidates
Copy of Current CV, Application Form & a copy of qualifications and Full Clean Drivers licenses as noted in Advert
Please email completed Application form together with Current CV , Qualifications and Driving License quoting ref number CNS / 19049 to ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications: 29th April 2019 @ 12pm
A panel may be formed should this vacancy arise again over the next twelve months
Daughters of Charity Disability Support Services is an equal opportunities employer.
For full Job Description please click here ; Clinical Nurse Specialist - Care of Older Persons