- Trim, Co. Meath, Ireland
- Fluent English
- 1 to 2 Years Experience
Experienced Hotel Receptionist
We are now inviting applications for the role of Hotel Receptionist to join our busy Front Desk team.
*** FLEXIBLE HOURS AVAILABLE FOR EXPERIENCED CANDIDATES ***
- To be well groomed and presenting a professional appearance to all of our guests.
- To greet the guests on arrival and at all times in a warm, welcoming and friendly manner.
- To check in/out guests effectively ensuring all details are correct.
- To carry out tasks effectively using a computerized system.
- To ensure that any additional requirements (upselling) for guests are offered i.e. dinner reservations, porter etc.
- To ensure that all charges are posted correctly onto room bills.
- To take reservations and respond to guests quickly.
- To answer switchboard in a warm and welcoming manner and effectively transfer calls to correct extensions.
- To correctly take messages for guests/staff ensuring that date, time, message, to/from and initials are noted.
- To ensure that relevant people receive any messages immediately.
- Dealing with any guest requests/queries in a polite and attentive manner and reporting any problems to the Duty Manager.
- Balancing of reception cash at end of each shift.
- The sensible allocation of rooms to customers having viewed all relevant guest requests.
- Handling safe deposit for guests.
- Maximising all sales opportunities at the desk.
- Dealing with foreign exchange for customers.
- To ensure that all monies are kept secure at all times.
- To be aware of and comply with company policy regarding Fire, Health & Safety, Hygiene, Food Hygiene, and Customer Care & Security.
- To read, understand and comply with your responsibilities as defined in the Health & Safety Statement and Staff Handbook.
- To assist the Front Office Manager and Reception Supervisor in ensuring the smooth running of the front desk.
- Experienced in working at the Hotel Front Desk - 2-3 years
- A commitment to offering exceptional service and standards.
- Proficient in Opera or similar reservation system.
- Applicants must have fluent English and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and on own initiative essential.