Ace Express is a freight and logistics company with approx. 100 staff based in County Dublin. As a result of continued growth and business requirements, Ace Express is looking to engage a Junior Systems Administrator to support our IT department.
Ace Express IT supports our staff across various sites and locations. The team is involved in providing support to our staff, customers and service partners. The main responsibilities for this role is ensuring systems are always available, resolving helpdesk tickets and queries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• 1st line support for our staff and partners. This includes owning, tracking, managing, prioritizing and resolving technical incidents within agreed SLA's.
• Responsible for ensuring IT set up for new employees, desktops/laptops, phones etc.
• Reviewing service related reports (e.g. backups, maintenance and data processing jobs, monitoring availability and proactive alerts) on a daily basis to ensure service issues are proactively identified and resolved within established SLAs.
• Maintaining data standards, server security and ensuring full compliance with policies and procedures, including adherence to Data Protection.
• Supporting and monitoring internal IT processes throughout the business and supporting process improvement and efficiencies
• Providing support for business upgrades with a degree of flexibility regarding out of hours coverage as required.
• Supporting 3rd party business applications and liaising with software support.
• Manage the process for hardware and software ordering.
• 3rd Level Computer Science degree or related
• 1-2 years’ experience working in a support role
• CompTIA A+ Certification Desirable
• Support experience of Windows 10
• Experience with Microsoft Server products and Active Directory
• Experience with Skype for Business, Exchange and Office365
• Understanding of TCP/IP, networking and firewall concepts
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to operate in a dynamic, fast paced environment, and adapt to changing priorities
• Proven problem-solving skills
• A team player who enjoys working in a fast-moving environment
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV..
Closing Date: 28th March 2019
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.
Ace Express Freight is an Equal Opportunities Employer