Ace Express have adopted lean philosophies over the last 18 months as a strategic decision in order to facilitate growth and expansion. To this effect, there is now a requirement for graduate / entry level finance professionals, who are looking for an opportunity to gain relevant industry experience across a range of financial processes. This role will report directly to the Finance Team Lead and will support the finance function and assist with a varied range of financial processes in a busy finance function environment.
The main responsibilities for this role include assisting in accounts payable, supplier reconciliations and general office admin. This will be a challenging robust but rewarding environment with an emphasis on personal development. Ace Express are open to supporting any potential candidate with a desire to complete a finance-related qualification.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the accounts payable team and assist with processing invoices • Ensure remittances for suppliers are prepared in a timely manner
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of invoices
- To aid in supplier reconciliations at month end
- Aid in the preparation and analysis of the cost of sales accrual
- Assist in managing the AP email inbox and responding to queries in a timely manner
- Make recommendations and suggestions to improve the quality of invoice processing procedures and look for ways to streamline and improve efficiencies
- To participate in general office admin duties, filing, scanning and shredding
- Ad-hoc finance projects as they arise
- To support the development & implementation of initiatives that will enhance the overall efficient operation of the finance function
Qualifications / Experience
Key requirements for the position include:
- Recent graduate with a third level degree and/or minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a busy office environment
- Desire to gain experience in industry and a commitment to further education/development.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- A professional and focused approach
- Proactive “Can Do” attitude
- Good Microsoft Office Skills strong word and excel skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Continuously strive for excellence through process improvement practices
Closing Date: 24th March 2019.
Ace Express Freight is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future and may be reviewed from time to time to reflect the needs of Ascot Freight and its associated Companies. The Company reserves the right to add to or change your duties in accordance with its business need.