- Dublin, Ireland
- Full time
- Not Disclosed
- Fluent English
- 2 to 4 Years Experience
Under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager 1 and 2 - Charge Nurse the post holder will:
- The person holding this post is required to support the principle that the care of the patient comes first at all times and will approach their work with the flexibility and enthusiasm necessary to make this principle a reality for every patient to the greatest possible degree
- Maintain throughout the Group’s awareness of the primacy of the patient in relation to all hospital activities.
- Be registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland and be on the live register.
- Be accountable for the provision of nursing service in a manner that is efficient, effective and of the highest standard
- Develop clinical expertise, leadership ability and teaching skills through nursing practice.
- Participate in teaching and education programmes for nursing and support staff
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical responsibility
- Have a working Knowledge of the health information and Quality Authority (HIQA) standards as they apply to the role for example, Standards for Healthcare, National Standards for the prevention and control of healthcare Associated infections, Hygiene Standards etc and comply with associated HSE protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
- Practice Nursing according to the professional code as laid down by the Irish Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland.
- Support the philosophy, objectives and goals of the Nursing Department.
- Follow appropriate lines of authority within the Nurse Management structure.
- Participate as a team member in all aspects of patient care.
- Demonstrate a high degree of motivation and assume responsibility for professional self-development.
- Recognise the importance of a good interpersonal relationship with patients, visitors and staff.
- Demonstrate flexibility by assisting in other areas of the Hospital as required
- Participate in internal rotations as required and to facilitate service needs and to enhance professional development.
- Through performance evaluation with Clinical Nurse Manager 1 and 2/ Charge Nurse recognise self - limitations and plan for appropriate measures to overcome them.
CLINICAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
Under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager 1 and 2/ Charge Nurse, the post holder will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised patient care programmes within the agreed framework for practice.
- Adopt a collaborative approach to patient care through the coordination of care and interventions provided by other members of the multidisciplinary team
- Act as an advocate for the patient and their family to ensure that they are appropriately informed and counselled regarding their short/long term care needs.
- Collaborate with the patient, their family and the multi-disciplinary team to facilitate appropriate discharge planning and continuity of care.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate written records regarding patient care.
- Promote innovation and change in the approach to patient care delivery, particularly in relation to new research findings and advances in treatment.
- Participate in the setting of professional standards. Understand and co-operate with the need to measure and audit the effectiveness of care given.
- To ensure that correct handling and sympathetic treatment of patients is carried out by all staff and that the dignity of the patient is given proper consideration.
Under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager 1 and 2/ Charge Nurse, the post holder will : -
- Develop teaching skills and participate in the planning and implementation of orientation and teaching programmes for student nurses and care assistants in the clinical setting.
- Provide feedback to the Clinical Nurse Manager 1 and 2/ Charge Nurse in the compilation of proficiency assessments for student nurses and care assistants in the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the identification of training needs pertinent to the clinical area.
- Identify and contribute to the continual enhancement of learning opportunities in the clinical area.
- Participate in the clinical induction of all new nursing and support staff.
- Develop leadership ability in order to act as an effective role model.
- Assume responsibility for own learning and development needs.
The above Role Profile is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office. This Role profile will be subject to review in light of changing circumstances.