Are you working in sales, retail, or customer service and looking to make a change in 2019?
Use your sales skills to beat poverty - Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty, and we’re looking for new members for our Fundraiser team!
Direct Dialogue fundraising is currently playing a very important role in enabling Oxfam Ireland to beat poverty.
What do we offer?
- A competitive guaranteed fixed rate of pay of €13.13 - €15.15 per hour
- Daily Performance Related Pay in addition to our guaranteed hourly rate
- A driving allowance available in addition to our guaranteed hourly rate
- Full training is provided
- Excellent career progression – not only here in Ireland, but with our sister organisations all over the world, from Australia to Mexico!
- Shifts Monday to Friday
What does this role involve?
- Recruiting donors door to door to support Oxfam Ireland through direct debit regular gifts.
- Informing, inspiring and engaging the Irish public about the crucial work Oxfam Ireland is carrying out.
- Representing Oxfam Ireland always in a friendly, courteous and professional manner at all times, and abiding by the fundraising code of conduct and established protocols.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to engage and inspire, and very strong spoken English.
- A passion for Oxfam Ireland's work, knowledge of emergency/developmental aid issues is beneficial also though non-essential.
- An outgoing personality, enjoy interacting with members of the public and working outdoors within a team dynamic.
- Experience within direct dialogue is a definite advantage, though non-essential as full training is provided.
- Access to an Internet-enabled phone for new SEPA banking compliance procedures which are now mandatory.
Please note that you must be over 18 to apply for this role