- Dunboyne, Co. Meath, Ireland
DescriptionLocation: Dunboyne Co Meath
Hours: 39 per week
Perform general lab service tasks including, but not limited to, cleaning of labs, Glass wash operations, Media/Buffer Prep operations, Sterilization operations, Lab waste management.
- Lab Porterage
- Lab hazardous and Non-hazard waste management
- Cleaning of lab facilities
- Cleaning of lab equipment
- Equipment standardisation
- Glasswasher operation
- Vendor Managed Inventory operations & Consumables stock control and Labelling
- Responsible for the preparation of a variety of buffer and media solutions utilized in testing and biologics development
- Lab autoclave and sterilisation operations
- Moving lab samples internally around the building from warehouse to labs and vice versa
- General Metrology - standardisation of balances, PH meters, Pipettes (Daily Checks)
- Gases cylinder porterage
- Leaving Cert or equivalent education.
- Laboratory or chemical science related course advantageous
- 1 – 3+ year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in a laboratory environment
- Must be able to follow lab related SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedure)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, spreadsheets and data entry required.
- Must be a team player and committed to working in a safe and quality environment.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Organisational Ability
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent record keeping
- Understand how ISO fits into daily business operations.
- Completion of training required to complete duties in compliance with local procedures
- Read, understand and work in accordance with the company’s HSEQ Policies.
- Complete tasks in accordance with company HSEQ procedures and work instructions.
Other role requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.