Location: Model Farm Road, Cork City
Hours: 40 (Mon-Fri)
ISS is a leading global provider in facility services with over 490,000 employees worldwide and more than 3000 employees based in Ireland. We allow customers to focus on their core business, leaving the supply of support and service functions to us as the specialists. ISS provides world class services to our customers and this is only possible through our employees; making them our biggest asset. That is why we place so much emphasis on finding the best people to fit into our teams; providing top class induction and training; and work to engage our employees and continuously improve our employee engagement through conducting an annual employee survey. At any given level, your work can make an impact across numerous industries including healthcare, education, food production and professional services. Join us and you would be joining a successful, award winning company, characterized by quality, flexibility and improvement. Come and be part of the journey to becoming the World’s Greatest Service Organization.
ISS Facility Services require a Building Fabric Technician with Carpentry / Plumbing experience and/or qualification for one of our esteemed client sites. The person will have extensive and dedicated experience in building fabric maintenance, preferably within a pharma environment, with experience in both coordinating and carrying out reactive works and managing sub-contractors for any work, not deliverable in-house
- Ensure all work carried out is done so in a manner that complies will all local and client led H&S standards
- Responsible for coordinating and carrying out reactive works in relation to building fabric issues and managing subcontractors for any work not deliverable in-house
- Experience in carrying out minor repairs, with practical, hands-on maintenance involving plumbing, carpentry, tiling etc, plus other ad-hoc general handyman repairs
- Be a hands-on Coordinator assisting staff in executing duties as outlined on Facilities Management and reactive Work Order requests.
- Issuing site permits for works carried out directly or under company supervision.
- Ensures the timely execution of all Work Orders, within the permitted parameters.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators are being achieved, escalating known issues to site/account manager
- Review and approve sub-contractor invoices and verify works done (reports & dockets)
- Co-ordinate all contractors that attend site and ensure all the relevant documentation is in place prior to the work commencing.
- Manage and control contractors’ documentation required by the company.
- Knows and ensures consistent compliance with companies Health, Safety & Quality policies and procedures
Diploma / City & Guilds qualification in Property Maintenance / Carpentry or related discipline
- Understand the importance of Health & safety legislation and how you apply it in your role
- Understanding of all aspects of Facilities related services
- Corporate related procedures and standards
- Experience in busy Office based maintenance and client facing environment Skills
- Ability to multi-task and be adaptable
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills, team player
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office, SAP
- Flexibility and “Can Do” attitude
- Drive & determination coupled with Initiative and innovation
- Problem Solving
- Client/Customer Focused
- Self-confidence and awareness of risk Attributes:
- A high-level focus on targeted results, KPI’s and SLA’s.
- A high level of flexibility and a positive attitude to innovation and change.
- Commitment to the ongoing success of the business.
- Team Player
- Team building
- Communication skills
- Risk awareness
- Decision making
- Drive & determination
- Team building
Job Description Changes
This job description will be subject to review and the post holder will be consulted about any proposed changes. It is expected that the company’s Personal Development Plan will provide such an opportunity to discuss any amendments or indeed adaptations to your job description.