Front Office Manager
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Experience
- Customer Relations
- Customer Retention
- Customer Service
- Employee Engagement
- Employee Management
- Employee Relations
- Personal Development
- Supervisory Skills
- Basic Computer
- Engaging Personality
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Supervising Staff
- Cork, Ireland
- Full time
- Fluent English
- 1 to 2 Years Experience
JOB PURPOSE: To manage the front office to the satisfaction of the general
manager, the operations manager, the hotel guests, and customers. To ensure the highest standards of professionalism and service are maintained.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Operations Manager, Reservations Manager, Duty Managers, General Manager and Senior Management of the Hotel.
- To help oversee the smooth running of the front office department on a day-to-day basis.
- To report promptly for duty wearing the correct items of uniform to company standard.
- To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming.
- To keep the front office area clean and tidy.
- To contact the General Manager or Duty Manager if unable to report for duty at least four hours before shift is supposed to begin where possible.
- To help establish, implement and maintain ALL policies and procedures for reception, which the property requires.
- To review the front office Passover book, checking that there were no problems
- To liase and co-operate with Reservations and the Accommodation Manager.
- To help supervise and train reception staff in conjunction with the Reservations Manager.
- To help communicate to all front office staff any new hotel policies or directives.
- To help ensure that correct accounting and financial procedures are followed at all times by front office staff and to maintain checks on cash floats and daily transactions.
- To ensure that rates supplied to the front office by reservations are adhered to.
- To ensure that correct rates are charged on all bills.
- To greet guests on arrival and at all times in a warm, welcoming professional and friendly manner.
- To check-in guests and communicate our services and facilities to guests as required.
- To deal with guests queries on bills.
- To deal with guests complaints as required
- To answer the switchboard in a warm and friendly manner and to take messages as required in line with company procedure.
- To be fully conversant with all Front Office aspects of computer system.
- Responsible for all cash received at the Reception Desk and cash float.
- Reconciling all payments with computer reports at end of shifts.
- To report any complaints and problems received to Senior Management.
- To report any maintenance problems to the Maintenance Manager and/or General Manager.
- To report any incidents, accidents or damage to the General Manager.
- To attend Management Meetings as required.
- To attend Fire Drills and to observe all safety procedures and rules.
- To be familiar with Alarm and Evacuation Procedures.
- To attend all training courses as notified to you by management.
- To be familiar with events and tourist attractions in the Cork area.
- To represent the Hotel at holiday fairs etc if required.
- To carry out any other duties notified to you by management.