Location: Dunboyne, Co. Meath
Reporting to: Key Account Manager
ISS is a leading global provider in facility services with over 490,000 employees worldwide and more than 3000 employees based in Ireland. We allow customers to focus on their core business, leaving the supply of support and service functions to us as the specialists. ISS provides world class services to our customers and this is only possible through our employees; making them our biggest asset. That is why we place so much emphasis on finding the best people to fit into our teams; providing top class induction and training; and work to engage our employees and continuously improve our employee engagement through conducting an annual employee survey. At any given level, your work can make an impact across numerous industries including healthcare, education, food production and professional services.
Join us and you would be joining a successful, award winning company, characterised by quality, flexibility and improvement. Come and be part of the journey to becoming the World’s Greatest Service Organisation.
Reporting to the Key Account Manager, the objective of this position is to provide soft services to a major bio-pharmaceutical company in Dublin. These services include but are not limited to Cleaning (GMP & Non GMP) Landscaping, Waste Management Pest Control, Hygiene Services, Lab Services and a wide variety of support services including HSE, Reception, Office Services, Mail-room and financial control. The position will also manage external providers and the approval of same enabling the delivery of first class service to our client.
Key Responsibilities (The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to the following)
- Overall management of various service lines including Waste Services, Lab Services, Cleaning, Landscaping etc.
- Management of the Soft Services team (GMP cleaners, janitors, post person, lab operatives etc.)
- Management of 3rd party specialist vendors
- Documentation and CMMS management
- Stores and consumable management
- Fully responsible for the implementation and adherence to all Health and Safety legislation.
- Responsible for ensuring the level of expectations required by the client (SLAs, KPIs) are met for all soft services.
- Daily management and direction of the soft services ISS workforce and sub contracted staff.
- Provide technical assistance to the client during scoping of projects.
- Identify and propose added value activities in order to expand the services provided to the client
- Play a key role in delivering the start-up plan for the site, acting as an area SME during the handover process from commissioning through into qualification and process validation
- Create and implement soft services schedules and work instructions
- Supervise execution of soft services tasks the CMMS system
- Ensure adequate training, tools and materials are in place to enable the staff to carry out their tasks
- Developing individual, cleaning work schedules, ensuring that the daily weekly and periodic cleaning tasks are carried out to a high standard i.e. audits
Safety and Compliance:
- Work closely with the client EH&S team in providing support for all Fire Evacuations, drills, signage, H&S compliance, audits etc.
- Manage safe work plans, emergency response plans and mitigation plans, including business continuity and critical supplier identification and mitigation
- Completion of all training, CAPA's, Investigations etc. assigned on time.
- Guarantee at least a strict application of all regulatory and internal requirements in terms of QEHS according to the EPA license
- To ensure the client is fully compliant with all legislation applicable to soft services facilities systems
- To ensure that ISS is fully compliant with all the procedures and policies of the client
- Monitor and manage monthly & annual soft services budget and client spend.
- Continuously monitor the performance and delivery of our contractors seeking best value for money for outsourced activities.
- Manage and continually improve the performance of the soft services team.
- Carry out annual appraisals and encourage a communication culture.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to ISS soft services staff to ensure they have the opportunity to develop their skills and be capable of handling additional responsibilities.
- Build strong relationships with team leaders, staff and client representatives
- Periodic reporting to the Senior FM (monthly, weekly, adhoc)
- Ongoing support of the overall ISS management team including Soft Services and catering management support
- Drive innovation and service improvement.
- Constantly identifying and creating ways to improve efficiency.
- Challenge the team to analyse the root cause of problems, troubleshoot and find the right solutions.
- Min 5 year’s experience in contract cleaning, facility management or soft services
- Min 5 year’s experience in pharmaceutical, medical or regulated industry would be an advantage
- Minimum 5 year’s in a management post.
- Industry acumen and knowledge of cleaning services ideally within the medical device/pharmaceutical industry
- Waste management experience would be advantageous
- Customer focused with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project Management experience would be an advantage
- Good working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The knowledge of CMMS system (preferably Maximo)
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Analytical ability
- Communication skills
- Decision making
- Drive & determination
- Problem Solving
- Relationship building
- Risk awareness
- Team building
- Project management
Job Description Changes
This job description will be subject to review and the post holder will be consulted about any proposed changes. It is expected that the company’s Personal Development Plan will provide such an opportunity to discuss any amendments or indeed adaptations to your job description.