Assistant Financial Controller
- Monaghan, Ireland
- Fluent English
- 2 to 4 Years Experience
The 4-star Hillgrove Hotel & Spa in Monaghan is now recruiting for a Full-Time Assistant Financial Controller to join the team. If you have a passion for details, understand hospitality and enjoy the company of likeminded colleagues & guests, you should contact us!
The main duties of the role:
- Preparation of weekly forecasts
- Creation and preparation of weekly reports and commentary.
- Effective examination of financial data and reports to ensure that there are no discrepancies
- Ensure that all cash is managed and reconciled correctly
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported in line with company standards
- Income Audit – Ensuring that all sales are recorded accurately, and that income metrics are tracked and analysed to promote action.
- Accounts Receivable – Ensure that the system of recording, invoicing and chasing of payments is done in an effective manner and that the property’s debtor are tracked and monitored periodically.
- Accounts Payable – Supervision of creditor process to include monitoring of PO system from sign off to matching of delivery dockets and invoices to sign off on creditor reconciliations at month end.
- Responsibility for supervising the Payroll function. Highlighting/ generating reports for individual departments within each property addressing problem areas. Processing payroll and ensuring that rostering, time sheet input and payment is conducted in an effective and efficient manner.
- Preparation of statutory tax returns including VAT
- Create and implement effective systems to prevent errors in data calculations and collections
- Report to the General Manager & Group Directors with accurate financial information and assist in the preparation and presentation of reports to senior executives.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- AR experience including checking invoices, sending out statements to clients, making Debtors call to collect overdue accounts, credit control, bank reconciliations.
- AP experience including Coding of purchase invoices, posting purchase invoices to Sage, monthly reconciliation of creditors each month, processing payments runs.
- Payroll Processing experience.
- Financial reporting & analytical ability including completion of weekly reports, Stock report analysis, budgeting.
- 2-years Industry experience from a similar role.
- IT skills and competent in MS Excel, Micropay and Sage line 50
- Outstanding mathematical skills
- Honesty, integrity & reliability
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Accounting Technician qualification or similar
We provide an excellent working environment for our colleagues; work benefits include a focus on employee wellbeing, healthy menu options when at work, discounts in the hotel on all services and products as well as discounted rates in the iNua Collection Hotels and learning and development opportunities for you.
- Award for Best Wedding Venue in Monaghan.
- Customer Service Excellence Award.
- Leisure white flag Award.
- No 1 Tripadvisor in Monaghan.