Role - Golf Sales Manager
Reports to - Group Revenue Manager
Responsible for - Sales function at specified Carr Golf Client Venues
Location - Carr Golf Client Venues & Carr Golf Head Office.
The Carr Golf Services team specialise in providing a tailored Sales, Marketing and business development solution to client, leased and operated golf clubs to drive their businesses forward. Working within the client Services team, you will be responsible for the strategic and operational delivery of Sales activities for Carr Golf Client Venues. You will work with the venue to drive revenues across all areas of the business (memberships, green fees, retail and food & beverage) to meet annual budgets and establish the club as a market leader. This is a hands-on role and you will spend a significant amount of the work week at client venues as well as the head office in Parkwest, Dublin 12.
Areas of responsibility will include
- •Design and implement an annual sales plan for up to four client venues to drive key revenue streams
I. New Membership sales
II. Membership renewals and retention programmes
III. Green Fees, including society and corporate golf and third-party partner sales
IV. Pro-Shop merchandise
V. Food & Beverage
- Draft and deliver tailored multi-product, multi-venue sales plans
- Work with the group revenue manager and venue directors of golf to ensure maximum revenue and yield is achieved.
- Data driven with complete and accurate databases which are regularly maintained and updated.
- Own, maintain and accurately report an active membership, society, and corporate sales pipelines
- Maintain transparency regarding client tracking and pipeline data, sales activities, lead generation efforts and follow up
- Ensure an effective system is in place to follow up/chase all leads, referrals and enquiries in a timely manner
- Arrange and conduct site inspections and show arounds to new business clients and/or press journalists as appropriate and as required and possible, at weekends and evenings for key client entertaining.
- Take ownership of direct face-to-face and outbound sales calls.
- Liaise with central marketing team to provide content in line with agreed editorial calendar and guidelines to deliver structured digital marketing strategy across email, social media and PPC, social advertising and remarketing channels
- Work closely with the central marketing team to create supporting marketing materials.
- Attend relevant trade shows, networking events and key venue events to develop relationships with target groups to secure business.
- Attend venues regularly, work with key venue personnel (Director of Golf, Golf Operations Manager, F&B Manager) to ensure delivery of monthly budget targets and activity plans.
- Collect, develop and analyse market research and planning for the local target markets, market position, product development, distribution channels, communication and promotion in conjunction with local database management.
- Assist the marketing team to review the marketing practices and standards relating to golf marketing.
- Nurture relationships with prospective and existing customers and produces sales.
- Works closely with the venue operations team to ensure seamless execution of events and tournaments.
- Build and maintain relationships with co-workers, organisations, vendors/suppliers and social groups to uncover opportunities, leads and ultimately secure sales.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with key community influence's
- Ensure a strict confidential approach applies to all aspects of the sales department, including outside office hours.
- Ensure presentation material is prepared to a high standard as required.
- Attend meetings at client venues/head office as required and discuss weekly/monthly activity plans and report results.
Experience & Skills required
- A minimum of 4 years relevant sales experience (preferably in a retail/venue/hospitality/service environment).
- Proven ability in developing and implementing a sales plan.
- Proven ability in business and product development and revenue growth (must demonstrate from a previous role).
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Previous experience of managing budgets.
- Some experience of database management and development.
Soft Skills& Competencies
- Team player – work with and support colleagues and peers alike to deliver the goals set annually.
- Communication – Client, and customer focused individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem Solving – the ability to identify, analyse and present solutions to match customer needs.
- Priority setting – Ability to work under pressure, prioritising tasks daily.
- Organisation – The ability to set out own work in a structured fashion to deliver on goals.
- Flexibility – the ability to adapt in a fast-paced working environment and respond to competing needs in client venues.
- Resilience – highly motivated with the ability to see projects through.
- Degree in Business/Hospitality, Tourism, Retail or relevant field.
- Full drivers license and own car.