Fellowship in Neurology (January 2019)
- Dublin, Ireland
- Not Disclosed
- 2 to 4 Years Experience
FELLOWSHIP IN NEUROLOGY
To facilitate the appointment of a Clinical Lead in Neurology, Beaumont Hospital and the HSE have agreed to provide funding for a Clinical Fellow in Neurology. This post will provide the necessary clinical and administrative support for the duration of tenure of the appointed Clinical Lead.
Specific Job Description
- To support the ALS/MND Clinic and to Support the Data Manager for the Irish ALS Register.
Oversight of ascertainment of all new cases using the following methodologies
• Knowledge of GDPR
• Maintaining regular contact with all consultant neurologists and neurophysiologists in both the public and private sectors to provide support for those with ALS and FTD.
• Attendance at the national ALS/MND clinic in Beaumont Hospital
- To maintain and develop ongoing projects, drafting submission of applications to the Research and Ethics Committees, assistance in drafting grant applications and scholarly articles, and to interact with local and international partners.
- To participate in clinical trials as a Sub-Investigator, under the direction of the PI (Hardiman or her nominee)
- To contribute to clinical activities in Beaumont Hospital, including where requested, participation in at least one outpatient clinic in addition to the specialist ALS/MND clinic.
Primary Medical Qualification. A PhD (either already awarded or in preparation) is required. Membership of the College of Physicians is desirable but not essential.
Knowledge and experience of ALS/MND management is desirable.
- Appropriate senior point on the HSE Registrar / Senior Registrar salary scale.
- Appraisals and Personal Development Reviews will take place at 6-month intervals
- January 01 2019
- 12 months with potential for renewal
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00pm on Thursday 13th December 2018.
All applicants must be registered with the Irish Medical Council