DescriptionJob Title: Building Services Technician (part time)
Reports to: Soft Services Manager
ISS Division: ISS Key Accounts
ISS in Ireland provides high quality facilities services designed to maintain the operation, fabric and appearance of all its client buildings. ISS provides Total Facilities Management; cleaning & hygiene services; maintenance and building services; landscaping and a wide range of other tailor-made services for customers throughout the Public and Private Sectors. The position will be situated at a client site in Cork.
Reporting to the Building service manager you will take ownership of general building maintenance services in ISS Client buildings. The successful applicant will provide facilities related services whilst working with the highest quality H&S and legislative compliance, enabling the client business to carry out their core activities in a safe comfortable, productive and cost-effective environment.
- Day-to-day delivery of fabric programs including reactive and planned works.
- Identifying faults and rectification of same on all Building services and fabrics
- Time management of workload to ensure all activities completed within our clients SLA’s
- Take on responsibility for ensuring compliance to all corporate and local building services within the portfolio.
- Responsible for ensuring that all PM’s and reactive jobs are closed within the agreed timeframe.
- Carryout daily/weekly building inspections and raise job tickets for faults if necessary
- Take part of projects from time to time as deemed necessary by the client Site Managers
- Must be qualified to a technical trade
- Understanding of mechanical building engineering services, their design, operation and maintenance
- Understanding of the aspects of facilities related services
- Knowledge of the techniques for minor to intermediate engineering refurbishment
- Corporate related procedures and standards
- Health & safety legislation
- Experience in busy office-based maintenance and client facing environment
- Ability to multi-task and be adaptable
- Excellent communication skills, team player
- Average computer skills - Microsoft office. Knowledge of SAP system would be an advantage.
- Flexibility and “Can Do” attitude
- Drive & determination coupled with initiative and innovation
- Problem solving
- Client/Customer focused
- Self-confidence and an awareness of risk
- A high level of flexibility and a positive attitude to innovation and change.
- Self-focused on timely completion of all tasks
- Commitment to the ongoing success of the business.
- Problem solving
- Communication skills
- Risk awareness
- Decision making
- Self confidence
- Drive & determination
- Team player
Health & Safety:
- Ensure all work is carried out to required health and safety standards
- Ensure compliance with subcontractors working on ISS behalf
- Ensure all work areas are left in clean and safe conditions
- Wear appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Maintain all equipment to required health and safety standards
- Complete Risk Assessment Forms if applicable
Other features of the job:
The role is based in a fast-paced office environment, excellent communication skills are required as it will involve face to face interaction with clients. The role will involve all aspects of facilities management and IT skills are an advantage, It may be necessary to work occasional weekends and sometimes more than contracted hours.