- Cork, Ireland
- Not Disclosed
- Fluent English
- 2 to 4 Years Experience
A position has become available at Barry Group for a Marketing Assistant
This position will assist and contribute towards the development of Barry Groups Brands & Marketing Division.
To work creatively and innovatively with Barry Groups Brand Manager to ensure the appearance and integrity of Barry Groups Brands; Costcutter, Carry Out & Quik Pick and sub-brands in a broad category, are the best they can possibly be, to resonate with current, potential and target customers in the FMCG market, whilst adhering to our Brand Guidelines.
• Provide daily support to the Brand Manager.
• Assist our Brand Manager to ensure that the BP cycle POS and leaflets are delivered accurately and on time.
• Assist our Brand Manager to ensure that all press and radio campaigns outlined in the IMC plan are produced to a high standard and are delivered on time.
• Assist our Digital Co-ordinator with the implementation of campaigns and analysis reports
• Facilitate new store openings and existing store revamps to ensure that the look and feel and Marketing elements are within brand guidelines.
• Assist with localised Marketing campaigns.
• Assist with NPD packaging, communication, internal & external launches.
• Create & assist internal Barry Group events.
• Responsibility for our retailer portal platforms.
• Administer retailer recharges for the Brand Manager and ensure they are completed on time.
• Assist with the annual Trade Show.
• Assist other departments with ad hoc Marketing requirements.
The candidate must:
• Be educated to a degree level, ideally relevant to the field of Marketing. A Masters in a relevant field would be a distinct advantage.
• Be familiar with key Marketing metrics.
• Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment.
• Have experience and knowledge of Digital Marketing.
• Have strong presentation and communication skills.
• Have a strict adherence to deadlines.
• Possess excellent copywriting skills.
• Strong analytical skills and judgement.
• Possess excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
• Have the ability to work under pressure.
• Possess proficient PC skills.
• Have a drive for and enjoy keeping up to date with the latest Marketing trends.
• Design experience and experience in the application of Marketing for FMCG brands is desirable, but not a critical requirement.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.