GLS Ireland is a subsidiary of General Logistics Systems B.V. GLS realises reliable, high quality parcel services for over 220,000 customers in Europe, complemented by logistics and express services. Quality Leader in European Parcel Logistics is GLS’ guiding principle, sustainability being one of the core values. Through wholly owned and partner companies, the Group provides network coverage of 37 European States and is globally connected via contractual agreements. 39 central transhipment points and 662 depots are at GLS’s disposal. With its ground based network GLS is one of the leading parcel service providers in Europe.
We are currently looking for an experienced Mechanic to service, maintain and repair our Mechanical equipment on site for a 1 year fixed term contract.
The Main responsibilities
- Maintain booms and conveyer systems
- Maintain drives,belts and motors
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions
- Replace damaged mechanical parts, clutches etc
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Complete all relevant paperwork and documentation to a high standard in a timely fashion
- Perform emergency call-outs to Depots nationwide
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
Skills and Attributes
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role.
• Strong mechanical background- Possess relevant trade qualification
• Available for call out duties and / or overtime when required.
• Clean Driving licence (cat. “B”)
• Qualified electrician an advantage
- Competitive Salary
- Well being Programme