Assistant Director of Golf
Overall job purpose:
Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management golf operations under the direction of management. Reporting to the Director of Golf and supporting the business objectives and strategies as set throughout. The Assistant Director of Golf shall be responsible for handling group reservations from booking stage through to completion ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction throughout and reporting progress and performance to the management as requested
• Ensure the golf operations team adhere to standard operating procedures as set for each area to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
• Communicate regularly with group reservations ensuring details are correct and KPI’s are reported to the Director of golf on a weekly basis.
• In conjunction with the Operations Manager, monitor and evaluate achievement of objectives in each area, implementing changes to operational plans as needed to ensure overall success for the golf facility.
• Communicate regularly and effectively with individuals, managers and teams within the organisation and act as a role model of professionalism.
• Communicate regularly with the director of golf to ensure that all staff have appropriate opportunities to develop skills, knowledge and experience to enhance their performance.
• Comply with organisational policies relating to on site accounting, payroll, purchasing, inventories, banking and maintain controls to safeguard funds and assets.
• Comply with standard operating procedures for accurate stock control and monitor to ensure all staff adhere to these procedures.
• Establish and monitor compliance with all purchasing policies and procedures.
• Ensure the sales and marketing strategy is implemented and keeping in line with the corporate strategy for the facility at all times.
• Manage the sales process for corporate and societies outings
• Initiate and manage programmes to provide members and other customers with a variety of innovative functions, programmes and events.
• Maintain customer databases for use in promotional activities
• Ensure that the team consistently deliver excellent customer service, thereby achieving maximum customer satisfaction.
• Communicate effectively with external organisations, individuals and agencies.
Please note that this is intended as a guide and the responsibilities of the Assistant Director of Golf may vary depending on the needs of the business from time to time.