Medical Scientist Haematology
- Beaumont Hospital, Beaumont Rd, Beaumont, Dublin 9, Ireland
Post Title: Medical Scientist -Haematology
Post Status: Temporary Specified Purpose
Department Department of Haematology
Location: Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9
Reports to: Chief Medical Scientist
Salary: Appointment will be made on medical Scientist scale (€32,368 - €53,745 1st LSI - €54,784) at a point in line with Government pay policy.
Hours of work: Full-Time
Closing Date: 27/03/2018
Locum Basic Grade Medical Scientist in Haematology.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. To contribute to the provision of a high quality patient focused service.
2. To perform such technical duties as directed by the Chief Medical Scientist or his deputy.
3. To assist in training Medical Laboratory Assistants, support staff and visiting workers as required.
4. To contribute to maintaining department accreditation with INAB through compliance with ISO15189 standards
5. To assist in the training of new and existing staff.
6. To assist in implementing measures for Safety, Health and Welfare to all staff.
7. To assist in providing statistical and management information when requested.
8. To attend courses and meetings as appropriate to maintain up-to-date knowledge.
9. To fulfil CPD requirements.
10. Any other duties as appropriate to the grade and qualifications.
11. To actively participate in external and internal quality assurances schemes.
12. To participate in the Directorate Joint Review Process
Selection criteria outline the qualifications, skills, knowledge and/or experience that the successful candidate would need to demonstrate for successful discharge of the responsibilities of the post.
Applications will be assessed on the basis of how well candidates satisfy these criteria.
Bachelor in Science (Applied Science) Honours degree (Biomedical option) from the University of Dublin/Dublin Institute of Technology, Kevin Street.
Bachelor in Science Honours degree in Biomedical Science from the Joint University College Cork – Cork Institute of Technology course
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences of the Dublin Institute of Technology, Kevin Street or the Cork Institute of Technology awarded prior to 1994
Possess the Certificate in Medical Laboratory Sciences of the Dublin Institute of Technology, Kevin Street, or Cork Institute of Technology or the Galway/Mayo Institute of Technology (awarded prior to 1997)
A recognized qualification at least equivalent to a), b) above
2. Membership of, or be eligible for membership of the Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine (ACSLM) or, prior to 1997, possess or be eligible for associate membership of the Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine (ACSLM)
3. The requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
Informal Enquiries ONLY to:
Name: Geraldine Healy
Title: Chief Medical Scientist
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone: 01 8092662